Monday, June 6, 2016

Wake up! It's time to go to bed!

     I don't sleep. I gave that up years ago. I'm not a night owl... I just don't like long periods of inactivity. I am not hyper.. maybe slightly ADHD... ok maybe moderately ADHD... a tiny tiny bit dyslexic... and I can ramble on for hours... but I am not hyper. I cat nap. I catch up on sleep in quick 20 minute or 2 hour intervals, no in between. I don't take pills.. I don't drink (any more)...I meditate. Self hypnosis. Maybe these self hypnosis sessions are subliminally having me sleepwalk and text my credit card numbers to some shady 3rd party, but while I am 'out'... I am out! I have been told over and over again not to worry... which used to be impossible for someone like me with anxiety issues. But I have learned to 'Let it Go'. I am far from lazy. When I think on just how lazy I am I look at my projects... (and to-do) list:
     (In no particular order):
1. Work on Creative Kids TV (an internet TV site for kids). Editing, tweaking and drumming up sponsors.
2. My new (almost finished) book: Flash Floods and Texas Tall Tales.
3. My website: www.creativetalentworkshop.com
4. My commercial and voice work (currently voicing a video game in the works)... with an agent that sends me projects at all hours of the day and night!
5. My classes in Broad Ripple and on the Southside.. and soon Southeast side.
Which includes writing scripts and monologues, writing songs & composing music, directing & editing class films and projects... month after month after month.
6. Visiting Mom in the Alzheimer's unit of her Nursing home.
7. IT freelance work for places like Broad Ripple Automotive, Culvers, InDetail Electric, Ricks Kustoms and a growing list of needy clients.
8. Touching base with my awesome (and just as busy) daughter.
9. Quick lunch or meal with close friends (like the Kellers, my adopted second family).
10. Check in on Mad Dog Mike who has never once let his disability get the way of a spirited, shouting match between good friends... who disagree on the 'greatness' of the Dallas Cowboys!
And, like the tag line to a bad resume... 'many, many more'!
     I don't sleep because I am chasing an imaginary carrot. My crazy sense of self-worth is tied to just how busy I am... or can I punish myself enough to get even busier. I have lost quite a few girlfriends over the years... from being 'self involved'. I guess that is better than cheating with someone else... but is it?
     I adore my extended godfamily of Leslie, Hans, C & C! They have replaced my own dysfuctional siblings. Note: No one can hear the words 'I'm sorry!' when everyone is shouting... and tuning you out in the first place! I would and could not survive without close friends like the Herrick's (Lynn is my Angel), the Livindis, Ryan, Rudy & Roger, Dr. Death!!!, Team Deemer, Vegan Not-see Kraig, Ben & Nat, JM, Lifestyle Lizbeth, all my Creative Talent Workshop Family and Timmy Mac. I have the support of hundreds of friends & associates... and feel the love from far more than 10x that amount. But I don't sleep. I just think!
     Have you ever been walking somewhere and suddenly you feel you don't have your keys, your wallet, your glasses... and come to realize ...they are with you the whole time? I think I have narrowed down my personal psychosis to that feeling being a constant nusiance. Hey! My deal, right?
     So, I blog! It's better than the therapist's couch, in theory. You may disagree. And I will catnap before the next long night since the Sandman and I do not get along.
So, next time you catch me on some time coded social media outlet... and wonder why I am making comments, quips & Burma Shaves at all hours... just remember, I don't sleep!
     Peace out!

_____________________________________________________


Be sure to read my other works!
Check out

_________________________________________________

Download or Stream Classic Movies
100% Legal

_________________________________________________

Creative Kids Talent Workshop
Fundraiser

     _________________________________________________




No comments:

Post a Comment