Thursday, July 7, 2016

One Minute Theater: Politics Make Strange Bedfellows & Jonny Quest

The following is a ficticional account of the meeting between the GOP delegate leader and a certain Midwestern Governor (not unknown for his own political controversies). Meeting takes place in Governor's Mansion:

Drumpf: I guess the song was wrong...
Gov: What song is that?
Drumpf: "God didn't make those little green apples..."
Gov: I don't follow...
Drumpf: "Rain in Indianapolis..."
Gov: Yes! We have had quite a lot of rain this year...
Drumpf: Who sang that?
Gov: Rain? Er.. Prince?
Drumpf: This is going to haunt me all day!
Gov: Well.. I'm certainly honored that you could take time out of your busy schedule to come for a visit to the Hoosier State!
Drumpf: What the heck is that..
Gov: A Hoosier? Lots of people ask that.. and there are quite a few answers...
Drumpf: No! What the heck is the name of the guy who sang 'Little Green Apples"? Come on.. you know the song! It must be the State song or something.
Gov: No I believe that would be Back Home Again in Indiana?
Drumpf: That's weird! Why would your state song be about leaving... then coming back home? Letterman never moved back here...
Gov: So I hear you are on a bit of a time crunch...
Drumpf: It'll come to me... anywhooo.. where do you keep your cool plane? You still have it, right?
Gov: Plane? I have access to a jet. Yes!
Drumpf: No! The one you used to fly the Doctor and the kids around the world in! Bet you could hit Warp 3 or Mach 2 in that bad boy!
Gov: The Doctor?
Drumpf: Are you still practicing those Judo moves?
Gov: Excuse me! (To Lt. Governor) Do you know who he is referring to?
Lt. Gov: I believe he has you confused with Race Bannon...
Gov: ?
Lt Gov: Body guard and pilot from Jonny Quest!
Gov: ?
Drumpf: That's the guy!!!
Lt Gov: He's a character from a Saturday morning cartoon. Play along!
Drumpf: Roger...
Gov: ...Over and out!
Drumpf: Roger Miller sang the song!
Gov: Jonny Quest?
Drumpf: God Didn't Make Those Little Green Apples... and It don't Rain in Indianapolis in the Summertime.
Gov: Ah.. yes! THAT song!!!?!
Drumpf: Let's get down to brass tacks. If I offer you the Veep... will you teach all my kids judo?
Gov: I'm sure there are some fine Judo coaches we can look into...
Drumpf: You're right! There won't be enough time between flying the jet and fighting off the gargoyles!
Gov: Gargoyles...?
Lt. Gov: Go with it, Sir!
Gov: Mr. Drumpf.. I'm your Man... pilot...er.. judo guy!
Drumpf: Not so fast... I haven't offered anything yet!
Gov: I haven't accepted anything yet!
Drumpf: Oh! Is that how it's going to be?
Gov: If you think it is.. or isn't!
Drumpf: We'll discuss this more after I meet Bandit?
Gov: ?
Finis

(Note: A parody! We would like to acknowledge our great respect for Hanna/Barbera and Jonny Quest.. who made this all possible... oh.. and Roger Miller: God Didn't Make Those Little Green Apples

_____________________________________________________


Be sure to read my other works!
Check out

_________________________________________________

Download or Stream Classic Movies
100% Legal

_________________________________________________

Creative Kids Talent Workshop
Fundraiser

     _________________________________________________



No comments:

Post a Comment